TV Remote for Samsung
This app controls your smart Samsung TV on WI-FI and IR
The TV Remote for Samsung app lets you control your Samsung TV remotely with your phone or tablet.
TV Remote for Samsung is an Android app that lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control for your Samsung television. It can work via IR, in which case your phone operates much like a traditional remote control. It can also work via Wi-Fi, and the benefit here is that you don’t need line of sight or an IR blaster in order to send commands to your television.
Once you’ve configured the app, you’ll be able to turn the TV on and off, change channels and adjust the volume. If you have a Blu-ray player and other media devices your TV can control, then you’ll also have access to play, pause, record and so forth. The app also has advanced remote features, such as the ability to save your favorite channels right on the device.
Another advanced feature is support for voice commands and gestures, which means you have a lot of different ways to interact with your TV. A Sleep Timer can turn off your devices automatically, and support for macros let you achieve some really complex operations with just a tap or two. Device mirroring lets you send images and other items direct to your TV.
Setup for this app is a bit on the complex side and not always user-friendly. Fortunately, it does have step-by-step instructions, screenshots and a video guide. It may help to set it up as a basic remote first and then add features one at a time. It’s a shame this app doesn’t more brands, and it’s worth noting that it doesn’t support all Samsung TVs either. It does support most, including any in the B, C, D, E and F series.
- Works via IR or Wi-Fi
- Built-in device mirroring
- Voice commands, sleep timer and more
- Only supports Samsung TVs
- Complex setup
● Image mirroring feature. Watch photos on TV
● Sleep Timer
● Macro function. Multiple operation with single click.
● Audio/Video Player
● IR Remote Support added
● Bug Fuxes
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- TRANSMIT_IR: Allows using the device's IR transmitter, if available.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.